|↑↑Click the above graphic to listen in your favorite Podcasts App↑↑|
Director #ChristopherAlender not only answered our questions about #TheOldWays, but was generous enough with his time to sit in on our #WatchParty, just prior! We not only got to find out about the #HappyAccidents throughout production and the twist and turns creating this movie took, but also a little bit more about Chris, himself: his background, the movies/narratives that inspire him as a film-maker, and what it took for him to release this movie as the pandemic hit - just after principle photography was filmed.
|Brigitte Kali Canales:|
Cristina (Rachel on FearTWD)
|Linda Peck Athens:|
- Possible Sequel? Maybe even TV program?
- Is The Old Ways Based on a true story?
- What went into the floating scene with Miranda? Shout out to Stunt Coordinator, Mallory Thompson.
- The most technically difficult scenes to shoot. Brigitte is a warrior and molting snakes look rad.
- Everyone drank the not-goat's milk but Sal Lopez, who couldn't even drink that. Extra detail paid to sound.
- Just cram in all the phobias in this movie, please.
- Filmed at Camuy Caves in Puerto Rico. Wrapped principle photography 2 days before lockdown (but still had to film "domestically", even though it it cost more).
- Casting was open-call and Brigitte Cali Canales ticked all the boxes to play Cristina.
- Has Christopher Alender watched Brigitte on Fear The Walking Dead?
- Chris owns a production company and does a lot of marketing for studios and produces a lot of The Muppets content. Did all the post-production himself, during the pandemic.
- Most of the demon is practical effects.
- Holes in teeth and elongated skulls are a real thing in South American culture.
- Nahuatl, "One of the biggest languages you've never heard of."
- Check out Felipe Flores' who did the poster art and, yes, you, too, can own The Old Ways merch:
- Here's the cover art (by John Pearson) of the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack on Burning Witches records:
- Was originally supposed to be set in an ambiguous South American town or jungle, but they settled on Catemaco, for a plethora of reasons.
- The movies and narratives that influenced The Old Ways. Spoiler alert: it's not straight horror.
- And during the Q&A, The Old Ways had become the most popular movie on Netflix!
⭐⭐🌟Support the Podcast? Buy Us a Coffee!🌟⭐⭐