|↑↑Click the above graphic to listen in your favorite Podcasts App↑↑|
It feels like we've been watching this season forever: as hard has it is to believe, we're nearing the end (which takes us back to the very beginning). We may have overanalyzed Dakota's motivations a little too much this episode, but it's allowed us to uncover some fascinating parallels in the process.
- Alicia’s amazing makeup shows us ho sleep-deprived she's been, the past few weeks.
- Dakota doesn’t know right from wrong, because of her upbringing, but we don’t know enough about Dakota to feel bad for her.
- Dave thinks Dakota is playing the long con.
- The benefit to keeping complicated characters around, like Negan.
- The Hilltop leadership rule: 1st in charge shits the bed, while 2nd in command runs the show.
- Rachael's theory, Teddy engenders jealousy in Dakota by giving Alicia special attention.
- Rachael would totally drink Teddy’s Kool-Aid. Also, still #TeamRiley.
- Dave predicted Teddy's sack-grab (and how he picked it up from "The Row")
- Dakota’s uses same comments about Victor Strand as Cole had: Further proof of long con?
- Don't expect happy endings from #TWDUniverse: You might not get what you want, but you’ll like what you get.
- This mummy's not Teddy’s Mommy? A previous victim/Alicia/"Mother"?
- Teddy knows he’s bad.
- Alicia is exactly what Teddy is looking for because she does the opposite of what he wants/tells her.
- Both Alicia and both John Dories having the role of hero thrust upon them.
- Dakota protecting Teddy possibly breaking the pattern of Alicia assuming the role of "Mother" (or possibly dying).
- Do Teddy’s followers know anything about his plan?
- Go full Camus: Embrace what you are, be it hero, villain, or pawn.
- Dave really struggles with his feelings toward Dakota: if she doesn't go full evil, what was this all for?
- Alicia can kill if it's absolutely necessary, but it doesn’t mean she wants to, Dakota.
- Great choice bringing Cole/Sebastian Sozzi back for this episode. Too bad AMC/the trailer/opening credits spoiled it for some.
- Remembering when Viv pulled a gun on "Naomi" back at The Diamond, back in Season 4.
- Cole mentions Motel #4 which we saw on Derek’s mural as one of the spots The Enders hit.
- Meaningful poses in Cole's line-up: Alicia has her hands out/open while Dakota hides hers behind her back.
- The Gregory Brothers, Major to Minor/Minor to Major Happy Sad Songs
(truthfully, they never did Yellow Submarine, but this guy did - as well as a bunch of other songs)
- Writers hopefully keeping us on our toes: Trying to see Dakota on the whole character (not just how much we hate her)
- Comparing Charlie and Dakota’s situations: The ability to see the point of view of all characters, even villains.
- Dakota is our first, possibly full-tilt child villain in #TWDUniverse. Otherwise, this show is making us go completely crazy
- Who is Dakota’s dad (Riley, duh, did you even watch [Episode 135])?
- Mabel’s Parts: M.others A.lways B.ring E.xtra L.ove
- Theories (possibly from Dalton Ross of Entertainment Weekly?) about Alicia dying: breaking the loop?
- Contemplating The Queens Gambit discussion in Damage from the Inside (FearTWD 6x07): Dakota & Ed Gein discuss the strategy, but who is the sacrificed pawn? John? Dakota?
- Alicia kills as a last resort, but Cole has no idea who Alicia has become no what Madison Clark used to be.
- When good characters break bad, like Rick Grimes in the bar giving The Savior remainders "his word": it allows us to completely understand where Cole lives.
- Alicia Clark was almost Ashley Bennett.
- So much blue. Does it still mean harbinger of death?
- Rachael's bone to pick with Teddy's 1st walker disposal.
- @CindyJ1019 really tried finding Dave saying Grace's last name!
- Cole, "I thought you died in the fire, too, Alicia," indicating that even he knows Madison is dead!
- Morning Glories remind us of Bluebonnets
- Is Riley, himself, part of the submarine crew? And speaking of the sub, remember Walter Subewski, from the 1st episode? He was wearing a naval uniform, too.
- 2x Nuclear Arms Keys, 2x Saint Christopher Medallions.
- Ouroboros: Dwight chasing Sherry, Alicia running away from Teddy, and even Morgan Jones stopping Alicia with The Art of Peace
- Will Charlie be the breaker of loops?
⭐⭐🌟Support the Podcast? Buy Us a Coffee!🌟⭐⭐