- Interviews: Thanks to @BlazyGardener, we were able to interview not just one, but two beloved actors from Fear The Walking Dead. I think they went particularly well and, for those of you who prefer to watch these on video, we got to try some pretty cool things (with Jenna Elfman, we simulated a WhatsApp/Facetime call; with Bobbie Grace, we experimented with multi-cam switching). Click either of the two images below to be taken to those Episodes!
- "Time Away": You know when you have to spend your vacation days on something other than a vacation? ...like packing, moving, or some other, terrible thing that is not very pleasurable? A little glimpse into what's been going on behind the scenes: right around the Fear The Walking Dead Season Finale of Season 6, my wife and I received the call from our lawyers that we could finally close on the apartment we were in the process of buying for several months. It was a long process, up until this point, which started around the end of February/beginning of March. When the call finally came, it was all hands on deck: running to banks (yes, plural) the very morning of our closing (because the seller's lawyer lost our initial deposit, so we needed to withdraw the entire amount - essentially robbing ourselves), to packing (during which time, we recorded our interview with Jenna Elfman), extended our stay at our previous apartment for another week (thank goodness/our great landlord), and finally moving day (a process that was only supposed to take a maximum of 5 hours took 9 hours). And then, perhaps, the toughest part: settling in. Clearing a path to the desk, having a usable kitchen, trying to work during the day while finding some time to unpack in the evenings/weekends.
So, what's the point to this rant? The point is two-fold: from the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you all for hanging in there while my wife and I personally transitioned to home-ownership. Your generous contributions to SQUAWKING DEAD kept it running, while Sherrandy and Rachael kept programming going for all of us by completely setting up the interviews we recorded while I was moving, as well as writing the excellent questions we asked during these interviews. All I did was eventually find time to edit and release them (no small feat, considering everything that's been going on in my life). In closing, all of what we've managed to achieve means so much more when we have folks like you cheering us on!
- Jackbox Games: A few days ago, we were lucky enough to break a record, on the podcast! We had a total of 8 folks, including myself, on stream to play Jackbox Games on our Twitch Channel. As you may or may not know, the ability to join us on stream while playing Jackbox Games is one of the perks you receive for supporting us on Ko-fi.com/SQUAWKINGDEAD! It was massive amounts of fun and I personally found myself having a hard time breathing from laughing so much by the end.
- But where's the unedited episode recording?: A few days ago, we sat down and finally recorded our coverage of Fear The Walking Dead's Season 6 Season Finale. Unfortunately, for so many reasons, that episode had some massive technical difficulties. The short explanation is that the local recordings for Sherrandy & Rachael are gone, which lead to the Unedited Episode Recording being unavailable. We will be making the Unedited Episode Recording available with a massive caveat: there will be some major drift (with, mostly, Sherrandy: her video does not quite line up with both Rachael and myself). It's really the best we can do, for now. The good news is that this won't be the case for the final edit. The bad news? Because of the technical difficulties, it will take longer for that edit to finally release and the quality will not be on par with our usual episode releases.
- I just want to say, to close, we have so many great ideas coming down the pike! ...primarily geared towards those of you who support our journey, but also awesome things for those who haven't yet! I don't want to say much more, lest we not have time to reveal them all within the next month (which, as it may surprise you to discover, is going to be super-duper busy).
- 3⅓x🎨Rachael Burt
- 3x🌐Randy Nickel (Instagram/Twitter)
- 3x Aidan Atkin (Instagram/Twitter)
- 2x🎨WalkerWyn (☕Ko-fi)
- 1x🎭@WhisperersUK (Instagram/Facebook)
- 1x Bridgette Wilke (Instagram/Twitter)
- 1x Carlin Munster
- 1x👨💻Rob Dalton (YouTube/Instagram/Twitter)
- 1x Michelle Castaneda
- 1x Rebecca Punch (Twitter/Instagram)
- 1x🎙Just Keep Walking podcast (Instagram)
- 1x Becky (Twitter/Instagram)
- 1x @lionessessuk01
- 1x WTFNyssa (Twitter/Instagram)
- 1x🎨Linda Peck Athens
- 10x Aliza Jones (Instagram/Twitter)
- 6⅔x Brian Castrillo (YouTube/Instagram/Twitter)
Facebook group admin of: Walking Dead Stuff and Thangs
- 2x Brian Martin
- 2x @Wallaani
- BONUS: 1x🎨Linda Peck Athens
- 1x Alania Stevens-Hassell
- 1x📰Alex Stone
- 1x @ReedusFan2 (Twitter/Instagram)
- 1x Pam Moore-Forrester
Facebook group admin of: TWD/FTWD Horror Nation
- 1x Lois